I can be 100% honest when I say that I LOVE MONDAY’S. Some weeks Monday and Friday are tied for best day, but usually Monday ends up winning. I understand that most people DREAD Monday’s- and I get it! End of the weekend, back to work/school, early morning, etc. But here’s the thing, Monday’s aren’t going anywhere. It’s time to change your attitude! So before I get into how to cure those Monday Blues, I’m going to tell you why I love Monday’s so much, and maybe something here will help you realize how great they can be.
- Monday’s are a fresh start! Whatever happened last week, over the weekend, Sunday night, it doesn’t matter!
- It’s the perfect day to set the tone for your week, I find that I am more energetic and motivated on Monday’s so I put all the “hard” or “time-consuming” tasks on Monday.
So, here are my top tips to get you excited for Monday’s, rather than dread them & have one day ruin the tone for the rest of the week!
- Plan your week out Sunday afternoon. I recommend doing it in the afternoon rather than at night. Once it’s done, you can still enjoy your Sunday night and know that you have your whole week planned out already.
- When you’re planning your week out, start with your schedule. Then create a work to do list and a personal to do list. Write down 3 goals that you want to accomplish before the week is over. This can be anything from finishing a project at work to working out 4 times during the week.
- On Sunday night start practicing your mindset shift. Whenever any negative thoughts enter your mind about dreading Monday- snap yourself out of it! Example:
“Ugh I really don’t want to go to work tomorrow morning”
“I am so grateful that I have a job to go to, I know it’s not the same situation for everyone.”
This immediately tricks your mind into being excited about Monday!
- On Sunday night, decided what time you’re going to set your alarm for. Make sure you give yourself enough time to enjoy your morning. I would recommend adding an extra 30 minutes than you think you should, especially if you’re the type to rush in the morning. Also! If you do have enough time, I would recommend anything to get your body moving! Whether it’s going for a walk, yoga, a quick workout- whatever! This gets your endorphins going and puts you in a better mood.
- Plan a little treat for yourself! Whether it’s grabbing your favorite coffee midafternoon, favorite dessert, or seeing a friend after work etc. This gives you something to look forward to after the “annoying” part of a Monday is over.
Don’t waste a whole day just because you’ve trained your brain to hate Monday’s, trust me this will help you have an amazing week! If you need some ideas for a new morning routine- I did a whole post about it here.
Have a great week!